Epic Grace ~ Chronicles of a Recovering Idiot (Tyndale, Releases in the fall of 2013)
We all fail, and many of us stumble through life wondering if any good can ever come out of our foolish mistakes. Epic Grace is about the incredible kindness of God and His astonishing power to bring about something good in our lives despite our idiotic blunderings.
Epic Grace chronicles the journey of one ordinary man who learned many of life’s lessons the hard way. Through Bubna’s many failings, God taught him how to discover His divine purposes regardless of his stumbling. Fortunately, he didn’t just go through his struggles; he grew through them.
Human idiocy knows no demographic, no gender, no nationality. It is common to all. But, writes Bubna, in his true-life stand-alone essays, so is epic grace. It’s the kind of grace that covers all our sins and reminds us that God is indeed the God of do-overs and second chances. God can renew, restore, and redeem any blown up life.
All too often, Christians get depressed and derailed by their failures. They listen to the accusing voice of the enemy more than the truth that they are never beyond God’s redemptive work of grace.
Readers of Epic Grace will be:
- Challenged to grow through life’s hardships, even the self-induced ones.
- Encouraged to stay the course no matter what may come.
- Set free from devastating guilt and shame. Epic Grace is written to infuse hope into the hearts of God’s people who are walking through the darkest of valleys.
- Instructed regarding God’s ways and His principles for life. They will discover truths that don’t always have to be learned the hard way. We can choose either wisdom or consequences to be our teacher. Epic Grace is full of practical and godly wisdom.
- Inspired to believe that out of their great pain can come great ministry to others. Even as the walking-wounded, we can care for and encourage others.
- Reminded that God does some of His best work through broken vessels. As someone once said, “God works well with broken people because He has so many pieces to work with.” In fact, God delights in making us trophies of His amazing and epic grace!
Through his many years of life and ministry and through a multitude of failures, Bubna learned firsthand how God’s epic grace truly is amazing. His hope and prayer is that the readers will relate to his story and learn from his mistakes. Part memoir, part manual-for-doing-life, Epic Grace: Chronicles of an Idiot breathes hope—tinted with an occasional hiccup of hilarity—into the most hopeless of happenstances, pointing readers to a place Bubna now calls home: the hiding place of God’s epic grace.